phpminiadmin - extremely lightweight alternative to heavy phpMyAdmin for quick and easy access MySQL databases.
Instead of installing huge phpMyAdmin (~11Mb) and trying to figure out how to use all it's features,
just upload one ~10Kb file and it's ready to use!
- then access it via the browser (ex. http://yoursite.com/phpminiadmin.php)
- script will ask you for DB login/pwd
- after successfull db login you will see area where you able to enter any SQL commands (select, update, insert, etc.)
- even if you don't know SQL it's still easy to:
- browse tables and see all the data
- manage tables in DB
- export and import data to .sql and CSV using 'quick links' on the top bar (see screenshots)
- see what databases you have permission with
- check server status and statistics
- ability to do CRUD (i.e. insert, select, update, delete)
- and launch any SQL supported by any version of MySQL
And due to it's simplicity script really fast and need just a little server resources! (your hosting provider will be glad ;)
"...Access Your Database And Perform The Same Functions As You Could With phpMyAdmin -- Yet 10x Faster and Easier
"I now use phpMiniAdmin almost exclusively. It's extremely light weight, fast and has LOTS of neat features. It provides everything I need 99.9% of the time. And it's easier to configure then phpMyAdmin."
"We have successfully integrated phpMiniAdmin with our MySQL server. phpMiniAdmin should be at least 10X as fast
as the traditional phpMyAdmin. Although phpMyAdmin will be still available, we believe that you will have better experiences with phpMiniAdmin..."
"I was just looking around the web for a light-weight MySQL script and I found phpminiadmin. It is a small (10kb?) single page script that is WAY faster
than using phpMyAdmin or even SQLite."
"...I like this little nifty thing"
"For most of the time, when doing freelance, I have to work with mysql. Given the various server panel available out there, it's quite difficult to find how to access mysql data.
This has been my case until recently, when I found PHPMiniAdmin...
...Look at all those features. Pretty complete huh?, for one file mysql administation tools."